Monday, November 29, 2010

I think Black Friday burned me out

I know! I wouldn't have thought it possible either, but here I am sleepy even after I've had my cup of coffee - I should go and make some.
Black Friday was AWESOME! I loved it. I love it more and more every year even if the deals aren't fantastic it doesn't really matter to me because the majority of items I buy on that lovely day are from A.C. MOORE, Michael's, and Joann's - 30% off your purchase including sale items, 50% off one item - it's the best! So I bought a dress pattern and material that no one liked. On Saturday I'm pinning the pattern onto the material to find that all the pieces didn't fit! And I find this out after I buy more than what the package stated I needed! So I need to go back to Joann's and hope to buy another yard at a decent price.
Buy anyway, I'm talking about Black Friday because of an occurrence that befell Dawn and I at Rite Aid. The Rite Aid by Target is our least favorite - We don't think they like coupon people. I have a feeling they don't use coupons themselves - they don't know how much money they've been wasting!
After shopping around for a while I wander back to the pharmacy to get my Flu Coupon booklet. I wait for kind of a long while while the guy is working on getting someone's drugs at the drive through. Once he pays me attention I ask, "Hi, could I get a coupon booklet?" I hand him my coupon.
"Uh, coupon booklet?"
"Yes. The flu one."
He leaves me to ask another guy about it across the room and then goes to the other side of the pharmacy and then back to me. He hands it over and I take it, but he also gives me back the coupon I gave him to get the booklet. Well, since he's giving me back the coupon I figure they must not care about the who gets a booklet.
"Can my friend get a booklet as well?"
Dawn was sitting down waiting for me.
"Does she have a coupon?" He asks.
"Not with her right now."
"Well, she needs a coupon to get the booklet."
And there I stand with my coupon booklet and my coupon for the booklet in hand. "All right. Thank you."

So, I still have my coupon just waiting for me to use again at another Rite Aid. By the way - get your coupon booklet! They have been awesome! Especially with the OLAY rebates that are going on now.

Continuing:

I finish shopping and Dawn has already started checking out and was almost done. I start checking out at the register right next to Dawn. Dawn's cashier (his name can be Mr. NoScan) finishes up with her and comes over to my cashier (we'll name her Ms. Exact). He looks into my cart and sees 6 can of Planters nuts and says, "There's a limit of 4 on the nuts."
Hmm....will this mess me up? I put my limit 4 Planters nuts on the counter and 4 Right Guards. Ms. Exact eyes my wallet. "Can I have your coupons?"
Why does she do that?! I don't get why the cashier needs the coupons before the items are even rung up. They are of no use until AFTER the TOTAL button is hit. I would be an awesome Rite Aid cashier. May it never happen.
"I need you to ring these up first so I know what coupons to give you."
This worked. Oddly enough she did not ask for my coupons first for my second transaction. That never happens. Dawn put back my other 2 nuts.
After we leave Dawn tells me that she had bought over 4 cans of nuts and the Mr. NoScan was the one to check me out! Meanwhile, I used two flu booklet coupons and all was well, but when Dawn tried to do that she was told that she could only use one.
The joy of coupons!
Usually this scenario will not (hopefully) happen at another Rite Aid...or any store for that matter. I should drawn a picture to accompany this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment